Tuesday 17 April 2012

Red Carpet Exposed - The Lucky One Premiere With Zac Efron

Photo by Alice Healy
Zac Efron is so dreamy.

A little but short for my liking but still super handsome, charming and dreamy.

I have never been obsessed with Zac Efron or anything but when he's right there in front of you, you get caught up in all the hype and I swear you start to think that maybe he'll fall in love with you and you'll live happily ever after!.

I was one of the the lucky ones (see what I did there) to be invited to the premiere of Scott Hicks's new movie 'The Lucky One' here in Adelaide featuring the one and only Zac Efron!


For Zac Efron himself to make it to Adelaide for the movie premiere is a huge deal and hopefully means we will get more events like this. 

I invited my little sister (who's 18, so not that little) and I don't think she's ever been more excited about anything in her life. She was obsessed with High School Musical. She didn't eat carbs for 4 days beforehand (not on my recommendation) and if you know my sister, you will know this must was a massive effort.

I wore a beautiful Couture + Love + Madness dress by Cristina Tridente. It's a pity I didn't get a better photo of it but most of us were ushered into the cinema pretty quickly.


When we arrived at Westfield Marion for the premiere, you could hear the screaming from the other side of the shopping centre. It was a little big scary actually. 

I have never seen so many hysterical tween girls in one place in all my life. Imagine what One Direction has to put up with every single day!

Once we were up on the red carpet it didn't get much better, the sheer number of teenagers was actually quite overwhelming. 

It was a little disappointing that the VIP guests didn't get a chance to really see Zac, walk the red carpet or get any photos. But I guess the teens who camped out for hours were the ones who really deserved to get up close and personal in the end anyway.


Luckily though Zac, Scott and Taylor Schilling (the female lead) came into the cinema to tell us a bit about the film beforehand. 

There were two cinemas and my boss Kelly Noble got to be in the cinema with Zac which I think is pretty unfair considering she's not even single. I mean, help a sister out here!



The hardest part of the whole thing was having to sit down in the cinema and watch the movie after all the hype and excitement from the red carpet and after eating a whole bag of FruChocs. 

The movie was typical Nicholas Sparks. I didn't love it as much as I loved The Notebook, The Last Song or even Dear John but it was entertaining enough. You can read my full review here.

I hope this means that Adelaide will get more stars out here for movie premieres and I hope next time I managed to save my packet of FruChocs until at least the movie starts...

No comments:

Post a Comment