Monday 26 March 2012

Rundle Mall Autumn/Winter Fashion Parades


The Rundle Mall VIP Autumn/Winter Fashion Parade was held last Friday in Gawler Place.

Despite the sky threatening to unleash a downpour on the crowd of socialites, media and fashionistas, we got lucky and the parade went off without a hitch. 

 I loved the use of colour by Rundle Mall and it was great to be able to start wrapping my head around some looks for the colder months (I'm still in Summer mode).

The parade was hosted by Lisa McAskill who has the most beautiful hair I have ever seen and was wearing a gorgeous CUE skirt that I have had my eye on for the Oakbank Easter Races.


Quite unexpectedly the crowd was treated to some opening entertainment from the most energetic dancers I have ever seen! The lead male stole the show and I have no doubt will be a backup dancer for Kylie Minogue in no time. 

The parade featured looks from stores including David Jones, Esprit, Kookai, Country Road, Portmans and Veronika Maine. 

If the Rundle Mall AW12 Fashion Parades are anything to go by, the trends this season are bright colours, mod, 60s looks and prints. 

To be honest, I was a little disappointed with some of the styling of the parade. 

Sometimes less is more. A lot of the outfits were very 'matchy matchy' and I felt a lot of the looks just needed a few pieces removed.

However, I understand that as Adelaide's most popular shopping precinct (an Adelaide city counciller told me it is the second busiest mall in the country) Rundle Mall has to appeal to a wide range of people ie. not just 22 year olds like myself.

However 18 year old models strutting the catwalk in drapey clothes from Sportscraft just didn't do the models or the clothes any justice in my opinion. 

There were some positives. I loved the choreography of the parade. Every store was different and instead of just walking out one by one there was some thought behind how they presented the clothes and it was interesting to watch. 


The classic and elegant jewellery by Gerard McCabe Jewellers was a definite highlight.

The best part of the parades was of course the after party which was held at the the Hotel Richmond. 

The party made me feel like a proper celebrity. The most exciting part was the introduction of Skinnygirl cocktails! These pre-mixed cocktails are new to Australia after being famously created by Bethany Frankel (Real Housevwives, Bethany Ever After). 



I think girls forget how many calories are in alcohol, especially anything sugary like a cocktail. Skinnygirl coktails are less than 100 calories per serve and actually taste amazing

We were also given quite possibly the best gift bag I have ever received at an event!





No comments:

Post a Comment