Wednesday 29 August 2012

How To Have A Holiday On $100


I have mentioned on this blog before that I am a shopaholic (I am also a workaholic which is a weird combination).

So instead of saving up for my week of annual leave, I had a sweet $100 of mad money to go wild on.

For someone who can spend $100 in the blink of an eye, this was not an amazing start to a week of fun filled adventure.

But I totally made it work so here it is, my awesome guide for 'How To Have A Holiday On $100'.

1. Walk Up Mount Lofty 

(Or equivalent mountain)

Want to look as cool as this guy?




Take a stroll up Mount Lofty on a freezing cold and rainy day. I may not look like I'm dying but I seriously am on the inside.

Usually the only exercise I get us reaching for the remote LOL.... 

However walking up Mount Lofty is FREE. The best thing about this was that my legs were so sore for the next 3 days that I couldn't have gone shopping even if I wanted to! And I didn't feel bad about laying around and watching TV for 2 days straight. Win by me.


2. Head To Handorf


Can't afford a weekend getaway? Take a day trip to Handorf! It will be just as rewarding, I promise.

At Handorf you can get a hotdog so big that you won't need to eat for the rest of the day and actual proper sized pints.

You can also buy a whole lot of touristy crap that you don't need so BEWARE because this will ruin your $100 budget.

There are also cellar doors at Handorf and the number one rule of having a good time for cheap is that you never turn down free drinks. Ever.




3. Cheap As Chips

Cheap As Chips is an untapped resource.

Underneath all that disgusting junk are some serious finds. A little bit of DIY can have a few crappy jars and fake flowers looking like something out of Vogue Living. Well, to someone with shitty eyesight at least. 




4. Get Your Bake On



Talk about a fun and inexpensive way to spend the afternoon!

Yeah so baking might be super nerdy but lets not pretend decorating cupcakes etc isn't super fun.

Read about my adventures in Macaron making here.







No comments:

Post a Comment