Thursday 19 July 2012

Girls



I am currently obsessed with the TV show Girls.

And it's not just because I have a major girl crush on Jemima Kirke (below). I wish I owned every single one of her outfits.


The show follows four girls living in New York city.
Sound familiar?
Well think again. It's basically the anti Sex and the City.


It chronicles the time before the four friends become successful and start dating rich men, when they were basically just poor bitches trying to figure their shit out. 

I love everything about it from the weird douchebag semi-boyfriend who never wears a shirt and sends girls pictures of his junk (we’ve all been there), to the fact that the main character Hannah isn't conventionally beautiful.

It's also contains quality quotes such as:

“I don’t even want a boyfriend… I just want someone who wants to hang out all the time and thinks I’m best person in the world and wants to have sex with only me.”

EXACTLY!

It's written by the Lena Dunham (Hannah) and most of the experiences are based on her own life. The show is painfully honest and sometimes pretty intense but also super funny.

Girls is not always pretty but you know what, LIFE is not pretty.

If you're a parent you should watch it and then cut your kids some slack.

If you're a guy you should watch it and maybe you'll learn something about girls. 

If you're a 20 something girl - most of all it just makes you feel better about the fact that even if you were 'living the dream' in New York, you'd still have the same shitty problems.

And that's sort of comforting to know that other people's lives are as shitty as yours.
    





I’m not saying go out and illegally download Girls now, because I can’t officially tell you to do something illegal but I’m not saying that you SHOULDN'T go and download it. Right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment