Friday 15 June 2012

The Etsy Edit


How did I not know about Etsy?

As a shopping addict, I pride myself on knowing these things and I can't believe I only just found out about this online store.

Etsy is a shopping website focusing on handmade and vintage items as well as art and craft supplies.

It's a closet hippies dream.

Etsy is kind of like an online Gillies street markets.

The one problem is that it's so huge it's hard to find anything on there unless you know what you're looking for so I've done the 'Etsy Edit' and picked some of my fave items below.













 

Etsy blurrs that line between need and want. Do I need a huge feathered $200 Sass & Bide style headdress? Probably not. Does that matter? Definetly not.

Etsy's missions statement says they want to empower people to change the way the global economy works by giving small businesses much more power to create a more fair, more sustainable, and more fun world.

I can't argue with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment