Tuesday 12 June 2012

Behind The Scenes At The Central Markets



Am I the only person who gets so overwhelmed by the Adelaide Central Markets that I tend to go back to the exact same stalls every time? 

It turns out there is a solution. 

I love the Central Markets so I jumped at the chance to take a tour of them with Central Market Tours, fellow Glam Adelaide writer Gianni and and Celebrity Chef Matt Moran. Also because I never turn down free food. Never.

Central Market Tours was a great way to discover a lot of hidden gems at the markets and visit stalls you never would have noticed before. Including discovering the best shallot pancakes I have ever tasted.


 I was expecting Matt Moran to be scary and intimidating like he is on Masterchef but he was actually very nice and surprisingly down to earth. He also followed me on Twitter which pretty much means we are besties now (free dinner at Aria?).


He's spent a lot of time in Adelaide recently and seemed to really enjoy it here. I was also super impressed that he was tweeting and blogging as we went as part of TQUAL (tourism quality).
Usually I am the only person on their phone 24/7.

You can read his TQUAL tick tour blog here.

The markets tour may seem like something only tourists would do but it's something fun to do next time you have people visitng from interstate. I guarantee you will discover a host of things you didn't know about the markets. 

I also got to go into A ROOM OF CHEESE. It was pretty much an out of body experience.








2 comments:

  1. Love love love, t'was a great day. I still have vivid cheese flashbacks. If only I had jotted down all the names of them

    ReplyDelete